Eurythmy Association of Great Britain and Ireland
Welcome to the website of the Eurythmy Association of Great Britain and Ireland. The Association exists as a voluntary body to further the work of eurythmy and eurythmists throughout the British Isles. Revealed and further developed by the Austrian scientist, educator and philosopher Dr Rudolf Steiner (1861- 1925), eurythmy came into being as a new art of movement in the early decades of the 20th Century. Through the instrument of the human body, eurythmy strives to reveal the fundamental creative principles underlying speech and music.
Eurythmy began as a new performing art of movement but soon after its inception eurythmy found further application in the realms of education and therapy. More recently an additional application has been developed in the social realm working with the dynamics of personal relationships and team building within organisations. Further information on eurythmy can be found here.
The Eurythmy Association of Great Britain and Ireland was re-founded at a conference in Botton Village in July 2006 with a mandate to support eurythmy generally and the work of eurythmists in all spheres in which they are active. The Association acknowledges itself to be an integral part of the working of the Anthroposophical Societies in both Great Britain and Ireland.
Through its first origins as a performing art, the Association's members also recognise the connection of eurythmy to the Section for the Arts of Eurythmy, Speech, Drama and Music at the School for Spiritual Science at the Goetheanum, Dornach.
- The Summer Conference will take place between Saturday 20th and Monday 22nd July at the Glasshouse College, Stourbridge. We will work on elements of music eurythmy and a group choreography for Leos Janacek's Cello Sonata. The workshops will be led by Maren Stott.
- Eurythmy West Midlands are offering a series of "taster weekends" between January and June 2013 for those wishing to deepen their understanding and experience of eurythmy. The brochure is available for download in two parts: (front & back).
- The 2012 Summer and Autumn Newsletters from the Eurythmy Association of North America are unfortunately too large for download from the Members' area. For those people that would like a copy, please email the administrator.
- A listing of Marguerite Lundgren forms available from Melissa Harwood is available to view in the Members' area of the website.
- Finally it greatly facilitates our administration if members can pay their subscription by standing order. The form can be downloaded here. Please take the completed form to your bank and send a copy to us.
(Please see "Courses & Events" page for full details)
Latest Website Updates:
8th May 2013
Courses & Events updated.
16th April 2013
Section Newsletter uploaded; Vacancies updated.
15th February 2013
Spring Newsletter uploaded; Council Minutes uploaded.
3rd July 2012
AGM Minutes uploaded; Conference Plenum Minutes uploaded.
12th December 2010
Cosmic Verse Texts uploaded.
21st July 2010
Summer Conference Choreography uploaded.
2nd March 2009
Educational eurythmy article uploaded.
22nd July 2008
Summer Conference Music & Choreography uploaded.
3rd April 2007
Eurythmy Music for Teachers uploaded.